Welcome. This blog was created share the happenings of my life, and thoughts on issues pertaining to whatever I'm interested in. Much as I am apolitical (I rather not take sides), I often blog about sociopolitical and socioeconomic matters.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

does having many interests mean one is unfaithful?

having many interests doesn't mean you won't be faithful to your soulmate. here's why. I initially titled the post "it's the caffeine thing".

i have too many interests. uncountable. if i narrow it down, it's probably reading, and music. that's what i never get sick of. but ah, i don't like to read the same thing again and again, and neither do i stay in the 80s, or 90s, for the same ole' music forever. but wait a minute, I do like some music forever. In my early days when taiwanese boyband "5566" was in, i listened to all their music. i liked Sun Yanzi (Stephanie Sun), S.H.E, and JJ Lin Jun Jie. Perhaps they aren't cool now, but every time I hear them over the radio, my heart pounds, and I feel like I'm in another world. My later discoveries, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, and Lady Gaga, has been my favourites for god knows how many years. But I still like variation. And history has proven I can never quite find something better than them easily.

I claim I do reading as an obligation, but I do enjoy the process of reading, and getting to know stuff. I read anything from the shampoo bottle ingredients to nutritional fact labels to facebook updates to academic journals. And of course, news (but I get so bored sometimes because they seldom report things i'm interested in). My interests span from biology/chemistry to history. BUT, ask me, and I will tell you that George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four remains my favourite; Dan Brown, Alex Shearer and Roald Dahl have won my support through the years.

This post is inspired by coffee. I've been getting headaches very often through my holidays and I didn't know why. Today, I got the dreaded headache again. I thought it was migrane. I thought I was going to die.

Here's what: I realised I missed my coffee.

Now, it's strange, because coffee CAUSES headaches. I've never heard of coffee alleviating headaches. Ever. Whenever I get the dreaded headache, I avoid coffee. And I never get well. In fact, even after sleeping, it still bugs me. So here's faithfulness.

There are just some things in life we cannot live without. Some people, too. These people have become so normal in our lives, we only notice their absence, with a bugging headache. And sometimes, without luck, we wouldn't even know what's bugging us.

Spend more time with your loved ones. And yes, the person(s) is our caffeine. I started drinking since 17 and I haven't left it. I live on black coffee without sugar (bitter hell YES), but it keeps me going. The nastiest thing in life could be the antidote to greater pain in life. And once you start, it's so hard to quit, even if you quit it, you'll miss it.

Love is like caffeine. It keeps me going, it becomes less obvious with time as THE FACTOR that keeps me going. While some cannot get enough of it, some just need a minimum dosage (like myself). That doesn't mean it's unimportant.