Welcome. This blog was created share the happenings of my life, and thoughts on issues pertaining to whatever I'm interested in. Much as I am apolitical (I rather not take sides), I often blog about sociopolitical and socioeconomic matters.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The MRT (or SMRT, if you prefer)

What's the big deal: Thousands were held up and delayed. Thousands were trapped in dark cabins without lights, or ventilation. Evacuation wasn't properly done. They sent a notification to cab drivers alluding to "income opportunity", and showed no sense of remorse. No explanation was given for the breakdown.

So? Well, some call it that Singaporeans complain too much. Some say we are expecting too much from the meagre fares we pay. The point is that the fares were raised very recently and SMRT hasn't been breaking down in the 1990s to such an extent. Of course everyone is upset. We pride ourselves as the efficient city, the ultra modern city with mix of East and West.

Uh.