Welcome. This blog was created share the happenings of my life, and thoughts on issues pertaining to whatever I'm interested in. Much as I am apolitical (I rather not take sides), I often blog about sociopolitical and socioeconomic matters.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

To 12-107E (AY11/12; Sem 1), Cinnamon College; NUS

Hello, 12-107e,

I hope this finds you well. I've become your stalker, and have found out that you're from AEP (HCI). I rarely stalk anyone.

Anyway, thanks for being the nicest person through my stay in 12-107B. It's been a tough semester with lots of crap going on in life, but I've made it through. And you were around in the last few days of my semester.

You're always cheery, like sunshine. You offered to show me your portfolio, which I dearly appreciated. Whatever you've gotten there was beautiful. I wanted to ask if I could see any of your paintings, but dared not.

Every time you come back, you'll always say "Heyy!!" and that makes me feel kind of happy. The studying gets kind of crazy and I've moved to UTown and stayed in the room all day because I wanted to find my land of recluse, from my parents, friends, or anyone else. I found it hard to face just anyone, and find it a terrible chore. It was you who made me feel that I don't have to be ashamed of myself and hide from the USP crowd.

Thanks for inviting me to the end of sem pizza party. I've accumulated some bad blood with USP and I'm officially ostracized. I wouldn't have gone, let alone stay, if not for you. Thanks for chatting with me, and getting to know me. I'm such a closed up person at 21 years old I've stopped trying to socialize. The world is increasingly hostile, and I find friends in the two aunties who cleans the suite every Monday morning.

I find it a little harder to talk to strangers out of the blue. Honestly, I don't know if I'm too shy, or people are too hostile. I used to lead hundreds of people to cheer in school events, now I can't bring myself to tell anyone anything about myself. It's a nice gesture of you to ask - about Art History.

When I saw the yellow internet cable hanging at my door, I was sad to know that you've left. Yet I've never dared to ask for your phone number, or if we could hang out. I never even dared to tell anything about myself, including how to pronounce my name, because I feel like a nuisance, in 12-107, in Cinnamon. So I stuck my phone number (with my name) on my door in case anyone wants to call me. It sounds like the stupidest thing, like a professor trying to let a student know "this is my office and this is how my name is spelt".

You're probably too popular, busy with lots of friends. I'm too shy to ask a lot, too afraid to get rejected by girls. I grew up with guys, and I've been rejected of friendship by girls for the longest period of time. I've only a few really close ones. I haven't the time, nor energy, to continue pretending I can communicate with them. But I somehow feel that we can talk.

I'm straight. But I do hope we can talk more, and that I can find a friend in you. I wish you happiness, and success. I won't be here the next semester, in 12-107, but you've been one of the most remarkable people I've found.


*to C.S.: you aren't a girl, so please don't be jealous!